热门搜索：如何备考GRE GRE填空 GRE数学机经 GRE模考
1. The employees tasked with modeling scenarios for their company’s bankruptcy assumed that their work was merely ______: none of them expected the firm to file for bankruptcy immediately.
A. a penance
B. an inevitability
C. a necessity
D. a liability
E. a contingency
2. The simultaneous ascension in the postwar United States of both the bulldozer and children’s “bulldozer books” was far from ______; it reflected parallels between the landscapes of fact and feeling in a country undergoing massive physical upheaval.
3. Often, developing new methods for scientific research demands a willingness to reach across disciplinary boundaries, something that is notoriously difficult to carry out. Therefore, even though interdisciplinarity is often proclaimed to be (i)______, there are many structural reasons why it remains (ii)______.
A. a laudable goal D. feasible
B. an uncertain enterprise E. admirable
C. a formidable undertaking F. exceptional
填空对应：difficult - blank iⅈ
解释：前后两句取同，二句句内取反。因此主句there are...中的blank ii 与difficult取同，even though从句中blank i取正向词。
词汇：a laudable goal 值得称赞的目标
An uncertain enterprise 不确定的事业
An formidable undertaking 可怕的任务
4. In its earliest days, the telegraph inspired (i)______ without precedent in the annals of technology. A new sense of (ii) across: a sense that the world was in (iii) , that life for one’s children and grandchildren would be very different, all because of this wondrous force and its uses.
A. anxiety D. resentment G. a state of change
B. outrage E. futurity H. a downward spiral
C. exhilaration F. nostalgia I. an unyielding stasis
填空对应：different - blank iii - blank ii- blank i
A state of change 改变
A downward spiral 向下的螺旋
An unyielding stasis 不屈的静止
5. The enthusiasm that many English artists and writers felt regarding the Labour Party (i)______amid complaints that arts funding remained as (ii)______. And even though the government recently announced a significant funding boost for the Arts Council, some art leaders still refuse to (iii)______ Labour.
A. intensified D. far-reaching G. trust
B. resurfaced E. parsimonious H. condemn
C. waned F. staggering I. ignore
填空对应：a significant funding boost - blank ii -blank iii - blank i;
6. Fifteen years ago, the author of this scholarly monograph would have (i)______ found a university press willing to publish it. But today specialized books of this sort are (ii)______ species. Their main purchasers—university libraries—have far less money to spend on these items than they once did. Computerized catalogues, subscription content, expensive scientific journals, exploding storage costs: all these demands are (iii)______ library budgets.
A. voluntarily D. a thriving G. putting tremendous pressure on
B. never E. an anomalous H. leading to irregularities in
C. readily F. an imperiled I. causing increasing appropriations to
A thriving 繁荣的
An anomalous 异常的
An imperiled 危险的
Putting tremendous pressure on施加巨大压力
Leading to irregularities in 导致不规则
Causing increasing appropriations to 导致越来越多的挪用
7. It is commonly said that each person’s aesthetic taste is ______, yet that notion overlooks a large body of shared aesthetic preferences.
Distinct - idiosyncratic 独特的
8. Unlike the theatrical adaptation of Nicholas Nickleby, which attempted to ______ its source precisely, the adaption of Les Mislabels chooses sweeping and hurtling motion over the savoring of minute details.
填空对应：sweeping and hurtling对应取同;savoring of minute details对应取反
词汇：gut - eviscerate 除去精华
Digest - relish消化
Render - reproduce 描述
9. Our eating habits are rooted in our physiology, but they are also ______ the culture in which we grow up.
A. symbolic of
B. mediated by
C. influenced by
D. ascribed to
E. inferable from
F. universal in
Mediated - influenced 影响
Ascribed - inferable 归因于，可推断
10. Though Fine leavens her work with humor and playfulness, she can be _______ writer, mincing no words in her judgements of other scientists’ work.
A. an acerbic
B. a provocative
C. an ingratiating
D. a demanding
E. an obsequious
F. a harsh
填空对应：humor and playfulness
词汇：acerbic - harsh 尖酸
Ingratiating - obsequious 讨好的