热门搜索：如何备考GRE GRE填空 GRE数学机经 GRE模考
1. Once so fluid, the political situation had, two years after the declaration of the Republic, _____ so much that further change seemed inconceivable.
逻辑关系提示词：once，取反;so ... that ...取同;
填空对应：further change seemed inconceivable 与空取同;fluid与空取反
2. Paul Robeson. Jr. wrote that his father was a flesh-and-blood artist whose accomplishments made him susceptible to hagiographic treatment by potential biographers. Robeson’s achievements were real, and there was no need for _____.
3. The scientists who first proposed that Moon’s craters had resulted from impacts (i)_____:almost all of these craters were circular, and yet most impactors in heliocentric orbit would have an oblique path and hence would be expected to form (ii)_____ craters.
A. devised a theory D. massive
B. misinterpreted a finding E. elongated
C. confronted difficulty F. shallow
词汇：devised a theory 发明一种理论
Misinterpreted a finding 误解一个发现
Confronted difficulty 面对困难
4. When the United States government created the Post Office at the founding of the republic, it didn’t invite rival postal firms to compete; in fact, it created a monopoly. That monopoly, however, was (i)_____ free expression because of policies Congress adopted, which (ii)_____ the circulation of newspapers irrespective of their viewpoint and spread postal service throughout the country.
A. conducive to D. subsidized
B. threatened by E. limited
C. dependent on F. trivialized
Threatened by 威胁
Dependent on 依赖于
5. The cowbird can seem a rather comical creature with a slow, awkward walk and often upraised tail. Less (i)_____ is the cowbirds’ habit of laying their eggs in the nests of other birds. The (ii)_____ nesters will usually accept the cowbird egg and raise the baby cowbird as their own.Unfortunately, cowbird eggs hatch sooner than the eggs of other species and the young cowbirds
(iii)_____, using their size to their advantage in getting more food from the parents.
A. amusing D. feckless G. grow quickly
B. painful E. resistant H. leave the nest
C. galling F. unwitting I. share their food
解释：一空与comical对应取反;二空结合语义和选项，选出unwitting，不知情的鸟会接受cowbird的蛋并把他们的孩子养大;三空与后面的their size to their advantage对应取同，选出G。
Grow quickly 长得快
Leave the nest 离开窝
Share their food 分享食物
6. The scientist (i)_____ that the now familiar term “global warming” is (ii)_____, arguing that the atmospheric buildup of long-lived greenhouse gases is setting in motion centuries of shifts in climate patterns, coastlines, water resources, and ecosystems—hardly (iii)_____ one would describe with a gentle word like “warming”.
A. denied D. an exaggeration G. a transformation
B. complained E. a cliché H. an enigma
C. doubted F. a misnomer I. a signal
An exaggeration 夸大
A cliche 陈词滥调
A Misnomer 用词不当
A transformation 转化
An enigma 迷
A signal 信号
7. Nature-loving pilgrims from the eastern United States altered the country’s attitude toward California’s sequoia groves, transforming those stands of great trees from scientific curiosities to places of _____.
逻辑关系提示词：transform from... to ...，取反
Veneration - reverence 尊敬
8. Established scientists recognize that peer review of manuscripts submitted to scientific journals is critical to science, but this recognition _____ a certain ambivalence in them, since reviewing takes time away from their research.
填空对应：critical - ___ ambivalence 对应取反;___ ambivalence- takes time away 对应取同
Mitigate - temper缓解
Engender - induce 产生
9. Despite ______ leaving their old jobs behind, workers were eager to move because there were to be no layoffs under the union contract at the new location.
A. jubilation over
B. indifference to
C. misgivings about
D. outrage over
E. trepidation over
F. enthusiasm for
词汇：jubilation over 喜欢
Indifference to 冷漠
Misgivings about - trepidation over 犹豫
Enthusiasm for 热情
10. After the Turkish Republic was established, traditional hamams (bathhouses) seemed to many Turks to be outmoded, but thanks to tourism, hamams have experienced a _____, becoming important cultural sites for foreign and Turkish visitors alike.
Revival - renaissance 复兴