热门搜索：如何备考GRE GRE填空 GRE数学机经 GRE模考
1. Wood is an environmentally friendly building material because it _____ carbon dioxide, absorbing it during growth and retaining it even after it has been turned into lumber.
填空对应：absorbing and retaining
Sequester - withdraw 回收
2. Despite the fact that it is quite difficult to find, in everyday discourse, causal explanations taking the form Hume proposed, many philosophers have regarded Hume’s model as _____ causal accounts.
A. paradigmatic of
B. unworkable for
C. tendentious about
D. superfluous to
E. irreducible to
词汇：paradigmatic of 典范
Tendentious about 有偏见的
Superfluous to 多余的
Irreducible to 不可削减的
3. Goodin notes that people have (i)_____ cognitive capacities and that they therefore must consider some factors as (ii)_____ so as to be able to make decisions about other things.
A. limited D. essential
B. adaptable E. variable
C. overlooked F. given
逻辑关系提示词：and，取同;so as to，取同
解释：一空后的cognitive capacities是一个提示，and部分说为了能给其他事情做决定，人们必须把一些因素看做空二，这句中的some 和other提示了一空中的cognitive capacities应该是有限的，选出A;因为要给其他事情做决定，因此二空修饰的some factors应该是不需要考虑的，选出given。
4. Some people (i)_____ translations of great literary works—especially those insistent on a literal translation for whom no rendering is ever (ii)_____ enough.
A. dismiss D. faithful
B. tolerate E. creative
C. esteem F. spontaneous
5. It was not until 1995 that a planet beyond our solar system was first sighted, a discovery that greatly excited astronomers. Many had supposed that the processes that gave rise to our solar system were not (i)_____, and that there were other planets in the universe. Now, observations
A. manifest D. caught up with belief
B. replicable E. provided grounds for skepticism
C. unique F. put assumptions to the test
填空对应：there were other planets in the universe - blank iⅈ
Caught up with belief 跟想法对接上
Provided grounds for skepticism 为怀疑论提供证据
Put assumptions to the test 为验证提供假想
6. The longer the migratory route, the more fat migrating birds must accumulate as fuel for their flight. The gain in body mass would make birds obese by human standards, and should render them unable to fly, but this gain is (i)_____ premigratory (ii)_____ of digestive organs, inactive during migration, and by the (iii)_____ of the muscles that power the flight.
A. partially offset by D. shrinking G. strengthening
B. strongly suggestive of E. specialization H. attenuation
C. seemingly unrelated to F. capacity I. responsiveness
解释：第一句说鸟迁移的越远，需要积累的脂肪越多。第二句前半句说这些本应该导致鸟不能飞，but句内取反，后面应该说脂肪不会导致鸟不能飞，因此一空选出A;二空根据后面的inactive during migration，选出D;三空根据muscles that power the flight，选出G
词汇：partially offset by 被部分抵消
Strongly suggestive of 强烈建议
Seemingly unrelated to 看起来不相关
7. In spite of her fascination with chance, coincidence, and contingency, Stanning’s novels are _____ constructed, written from the head rather than the heart.
Painstakingly - meticulously 细致地
8. Although traditionally artists have rightly been seen as the most _____ audience for the work of their colleagues, today taste is also created by critics and curators and occasionally by collectors.
解释：主句说现在的品味也被critics, curators and collectors塑造，因此我们可以看出，主句应该说artists塑造品味，选出DF，意为“过去艺术家最能识别同行的作品”。
Perceptive - discerning洞察力强的
9. Every serious attempt at a historical portrait of the past will subtly absorb the milieu and temperament of its living author, however _____ he or she sets out to be.
逻辑关系提示词：however = no matter how
填空对应：absorb the milieu and temperament
Objective - impartial 客观的
10. Although we no longer have to rely on salt to keep food from spoiling, our appetite for it is _____: most people eat much more salt than they need.
逻辑关系提示词：although no longer...取同;“：”，取同
填空对应：rely on/much more than need
Unabated - undiminished 没减少的